Introduction to Wine
Learn the fundamentals of wine from grape to bottle, and gain some insight into the world of wines, in our introductory class. This was the first Winery U class we ever taught, and it's one of the most popular, year in and year out.
Certified Wine Specialist
$30 per person per class or $25 per person per class when you pre-register one person for any four classes, or four persons for one class.
Your discount will appear in the shopping cart when your fourth event is added to the cart.
For registration rules and cancellation policy, click here.
Our Special Events
We offer a variety of winery events throughout the year. Guest chefs cook up magnificent tasty treats to go along with our award-winning wines. Put your name on a bottle of wine at our always-sold-out Grape Stomp. Don’t miss all the opportunities to enjoy our wines!
Let us demystify wine for you:
- Have you ever wondered how do all those smells and flavors get into wine?
- What does ‘dry wine’ mean?
- Why there are different bottles for different wines?
- What is the ‘real’ difference between screw top and cork?
- Why do people swirl and sniff wine?
- Why is French wine so famous?
- What are legs of a wine?
- Why won’t just any glass do for wine?
- Decanting is what?
- What is a sommelier and why are they important?
Well, you get the picture and we’re sure that you have some of your own that may even stump some of our experts!
What do I get from each class?
Besides enduring our wonderful personalities and receiving a nifty Winery U! diploma at the end of class, each participant will receive printed course materials, additional informational materials, and maybe even a surprise or two?
You'll even get to taste some wine.
All classes are held on Saturday, 10:30 A.M. thru 12:30 P.M. at Dry Comal Creek Vineyards
Register for Saturday, January 9, 2016