Register now for another year of Winery U at Dry Comal Creek. You’ll taste wines from around the world, from Burgundy to West Texas. You’ll learn about everything from winemaking to food-and-wine pairing. You’ll find out what makes Cabernet Sauvignon the king off red wines. And more. Lots more.
As always, Winery U! will be decidedly non-pretentious. But now, we’re delving further into the world of the grape, from our own backyard tohalfway around the world. We’ll visit — well, at least figuratively — winemaking regions new and old. We’ll taste some of your favorite wines and some you’ve never had before. We’ll discover history you didn’t know existed, and make it entertaining, too.
We’ll also be offering our original four classes, in case you missed any of them, or just want to take them again, for extra credit.
Here's what they are saying about Winery U!
- TASTY AND INFORMATIVE. READY TO DO MY OWN TASTING AT HOME AND READY FOR MY TRIP TO NAPA!
- I DIDN’T KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT WINE BUT THIS WAS A GREAT WAY TO LEARN
- THE MOST UNPRETENTIOUS AND FUN WINE CLASS I’VE EVER BEEN TO
2013 Winery U! Class Lineup.
Introduction to Wine
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Saturday, February 9, 2013
I Am Drinking Stars
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Way Out West
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Summer Food and Wine
Saturday, May 18, 2013
The Black Spanish Grape
Saturday, June 8, 2013
Growing Grapes and Making Wine
Saturday, July 13, 2013 (*Note: this class is extended 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
Saturday, August 24, 2013
Decoding the Wine Label
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Port from Portugal
Saturday, December 7, 2013
David King: Certified Wine Specialist
$30 per person per class or $25 per person per class when you pre-register for any four classes. Your discount will appear in the shopping cart when your fourth event is added to the cart.
Registration and Cancellation Procedures
Class size is limited to 30 persons per class.No children please. Under age adults may join us but cannot be served wine.
- Spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Spots will not be held.
- Registration is via our Tasting Room or Online Only*. No Telephonic registrations will be accepted.
- Note: Upon receipt of the registration via fax or mail and confirmation of payment, you will receive an email copy of your sales receipt.
- One week prior to class full payment refunded.
- Forty-eight (48) hours prior to class there are no refunds on any items. If you wish to reschedule due to missing a class, you must contact our office to determine if there is available space in the next class.
- You cannot send other people to use your paid registration. All cancellations will be filled by those on the waiting list.
- There are no refunds for late arrival or missed classes. We will reschedule if you missed the entire class but not if you arrived late. If you wish to reschedule, you must contact our office to determine if there is available space in the next class.